Vaporesso Revenger 220W Starter Kit Review
Greetings, vaper. We’re back with another review. I’ll be taking a break from pod systems today and we’ll dig into a very powerful starter kit – or so I believe, considering 220W is considered powerful around these corners of the internet. We’ll discover if it blows up our expectations (no pun intended).
The starter kit under the spotlight today is the powerful Vaporesso Revenger 220W Starter Kit. A heavy duty, stainless steel device with a 26.5mm tank, 5mL e-liquid capacity, and the aforementioned 220W. I’m a little late to the party. This is a 2017 device, but it has stood the test of time in some circles and I want to figure out what’s so good about it.
But first, let’s dig into the nuts and bolts, and then I will provide a gathering of pros and cons list from other expert reviewers. I hope this list provides a bird’s eye view of what makes this a good product (or a bad one). I will also open it up, test it out and give you my honest thoughts – the good, the bad, and the mediocre.
- Dimensions: 89 x 45 x 28 mm
- Material: Aluminum Alloy w/ IML Injection
- Display: 0.96” OLED Screen
- Battery: Dual High-Amp 18650 Batteries (Not Included)
- Wattage Output Range: 5 - 220W
- Voltage Output Range: 0 - 9.0V
- Minimum Atomizer Resistance: 0.05ohm
- Temperature Range: 200 - 600F
- Diameter: 26.5mm
- Juice Capacity: 5.0mL
- Coil Ratings: 0.3ohm GT cCell Core (rated for 25 - 40W), 0.4ohm GT 2 Core (rated for 45 - 80W), 0.15ohm GT 4 Core (rated for 30 - 60W), 0.2ohm GT 6 Core (rated for 50 - 130W), 0.15ohm GT 8 Core (rated for 60 - 110W)
- Material: Stainless Steel w/ Pyrex Glass Reinforcement
- Advanced OMNI Board 2.0 Chipset
- Supports Ni200 Nickel, Titanium, and Stainless Steel Heating Components
- Temperature Coefficient of Resistance (TCR) Adjustments
- Customized Curvature of Temperature (CCT)
- Customized Curvature of Wattage (CCW)
- VW Mode / Bypass Mode
- Real-Time Clock Setting
- Real Charging Time
- Equalizing Charge System
- All-Metal Oversized Firing Button
- MicroUSB Port
- 510 Connection
- GT Coil Compatibility - cCell Ceramic & Traditional Cotton
- 14mm Delrin Widebore Drip Tip
- Convenient Top-Fill System
- Heating Insulation Layer on Base
- Nice craftsmanship
- Good coils and flavor
- Good airflow
- Spare coil and glass
- Intuitive screen and easy to navigate settings
- Too expensive for what it does
- Clear and brightly lit display
- User-friendly controls with plenty of settings to navigate
- Feature-packed and impressive Omni Board 2.0
- Excellent craftsmanship
- You can upgrade firmware via MicroUSB
- Odd mouthpiece
- Not a starter kit (too complex!)
- Feels like it could overheat
- Terrific build craftsmanship
- The OMNI board offers a myriad of useful features
- User-friendly and intuitive menu settings and adjustments
- The clock screen saver is nice
- The top cap is proprietary and only works with limited products
- Unreliable mesh filter
- USB charging may cut battery life dramatically over the long run
Review & Final Thoughts:
Let’s open this puppy up and see what it has to offer. The packaging is very well made. You get a spare glass and coil, which always deserves a double thumbs up. You also get tons of seals, O-rings, and booklets. The top-filling system provides the usual compartment you push out and a single-filling hole for quick refilling. I am pouring Churrios by Milkman and letting the coil prime for a few minutes.
The removable drip tip can be replaced with your favorite 510 drip tips. The tank is easy to disassemble for fast coil replacement and cleaning. The screen is a bit of a finger magnet but nothing too offensive. The magnetic door protects the batteries (the 18650s are not included, just fyi my friend). The screen has an odd flicker that is bugging me. I like the setting navigation. It’s simple, easy, and user-friendly.
Summing up the pros and cons from the experts, let’s begin with the negatives. The proprietary top cap only works with this device, which makes it useless with other devices. If you’d like to place your other favorite tips, you’ll be met with misfortune and dismay. You must use the one that it comes with. Not the end of the world, but definitely a con.
Let’s sum up the positive marks now, beginning with the craftsmanship. Every reviewer loved it. Not the most staggering beauty you’ve ever laid eyes on a starter kit, but very beautiful and sexy craftsmanship. It also appears durable and sturdy. Normally, when something looks this nice, it’s usually frail and easy to scratch. Lucky for us, not this kit. We can tout and brag about it without worrying too much about ruining the aesthetic.
The display is user-friendly and offers a myriad of awesome settings that you can adjust with a few clicks. The mod features something called Advanced OMNI Board 2.0 Chipset, and the ghost in the machine appears advanced enough to receive a good grade (not just a passing grade). The display is also very bright and clearly displays your settings in a crystal-clear fashion.
The mod packs several protection parameters: the CCT stands for customized curvature of temperature, and CCW stands for customized curvature of wattage. The device handles spikes in temperatures and wattage that could harm your vape. This being said, I did notice my vape getting a little too hot. Other reviewers encountered this problem, but not all of them.
Another pro whas the oversized metal firing button. It’s highly responsive, clicky, and barely rattles. As soon as you press it, your mouth will engulf in epic vapor that you will love, and the coils provide great flavor. Not everybody agreed on this, but most reviewers touted the GT coils as magnificent and worthwhile.
Overall, this is a wild device with plenty of power and features. It’s not my cup of tea for the most part, but other reviewers truly adore this thing. It’s kept itself in conversation even after 2 years since its release, so that’s gotta mean something. I think it’s worth the price point, and Vaporesso cares enough to give plenty of spares to have a nice experience with this starter kit. I believe this receives a passing grade and a recommendation from your friends at ProVape.