Table of Contents
- Specs and Features
- First Impressions
- Pros and Cons
- Professional Opinions
Here we have a powerful 200W box mod boasting the GENE.FAN chipset with a myriad of safety features to keep you safe. It boasts the same chip as the extremely ubiquitous and popular Drag by VooPoo. If you’ve experienced the Drag before, you will delight in the VMATE, as well. The chip is responsible for robust flavor delivered quickly and expeditiously. Your lungs won’t know what hit them.
You can place a tank up to 25mm at its widest without overhang. The dual 18650 batteries sit on each side and 200W powers the vapor. A nice intuitive OLED display provides a host of features, but the navigation is slow when moving through the menus. Let’s not get ahead of ourselves here, I’ve consulted reviewers across the web for extra opinions and sets of eyes.
First, let’s break it apart and take a closer look:
- Dimensions: 89 x 47 x 30 mm
- Weight: 102g
- Material: Zinc Alloy
- Display: OLED Screen
- Battery: Dual High-Amp 18650 Batteries (Not Included)
- Wattage Output Range: 5 - 200W
- Voltage Output Range: 0 - 7.5V
- Resistance Range (Power Mode): 0.05 - 3.0ohm
- Resistance Range (TC Mode): 0.05 - 1.0ohm
- Temperature Range: 200 - 600F
- Diameter: 24.6mm
- Juice Capacity: 3.5mL - Standard / 8.0mL - Maximum
- Coil Ratings: 0.4ohm U2 Dual Coil (rated for 40 - 80W), 0.13ohm N1 Single Mesh Coil (rated for 50 - 100W)
- Material: 304 Stainless Steel w/ Pyrex Glass Reinforcement
- Advanced 32-bit GENE.FAN Chipset
- Supports Ni200 Nickel, Titanium, & Stainless Steel Heating Elements
- TCR Adjustments
- Power Mode
- Split Battery Chamber - Located on Each Side
- Firing Button Located Above Battery Bay
- Two Adjustment Buttons
- Output Over-Current Protection
- Brand Balance Battery Charging
- Short-Circuit Protection
- Over-Discharge Protection
- Overcharge Protection
- MicroUSB Port
- Quick-Vent Channel Design - Rapid Heat Discharge
- Short Chimney - Flavor-Focused
- UForce OCC Coil Technology
- Convenient Sliding Top-Fill Method
- Precision Triple Auxiliary Bottom-Airflow Control
- 14mm Resin Widebore Drip Tip
- 24K Gold-Plated 510 Connection
- Available in Silver & Pewter Frame
Emerald Green, Camouflage Red, Waterfall, Red, Rock Black, Wood, Surf Blue, & Camouflage Green
First off, the packaging is great – as you’d expect from VooPoo. They throw in a spare glass and a spare coil, which is a huge plus! They’re a fantastic addition to the kit.
When using it, the index / thumb finger firing preference is a bit confusing but it’s no big deal once you find your place. If you’re wondering if cloud-chasing is possible with this one, you’ve come to the right place.
In the looks department, despite offering good, sturdy construction; there is nothing innovative about this kit. It’s plain but sleek; predictable but comfortable. None of these complaints are real cons, just observations.
The grip is easy and ergonomic, it almost feels like you’re pressing the button on a detonator. Aside from that, the fire button is nice and clicky, and once engaged, your lungs are immediately greeted by billows of powerful, robust vapor. You can thank the GENE chipset for that.
When navigating the settings on the OLED screen, you can go up and down using the button juxtaposed with the firing button. This could be a problem at times, and kind of annoying. Sometimes, I confuse one button with the other and end up firing when I need to adjust, or adjusting when I want to shoot a nice vape.
Pros & Cons:
PRO: No ramp-up, it hits fast thanks to the GENE chipset
PRO: Sleek and simple aesthetics for those who prefer that classic look
PRO: Fire button is at an ideal height when holding the VMATE in your hand
PRO: Terrific vapor via the coils
PRO: Lightweight construction while remaining sturdy and durable
PRO: Smart protection parameters and wattage recognition
CON: OLED screen navigation can be confusing and tedious
CON: Battery panels wiggle and rattle
Other Professional Opinions:
Don’t just take my word for it. I scouted the vast plains of the internet looking for other VooPoo VMATE 200W Starter Kit users and gathered a consensus that will, hopefully, shed an unbiased light on the pros and cons.
Let’s take a look:
- Super sexy looking device – feels good in your hand
- You can press the fire button comfortably with your thumb
- Ramp up is ridiculously good
- Mesh coils are phenomenal
- The glass, the drip tip, the mod and tank look very sturdy and matching
- The screen is supposed to shut down after 10 seconds, but it takes much longer
- Super lightweight compared to its predecessor
- Plenty of useful settings
- Buttons feel cheap deliberately to give it a lightweight feel – which makes the change worth it
- GENE chipset makes it fire amazingly, accurately, and great flavor
- Smart wattage recognition – adjusts the wattage based on the coil resistance
- Navigation via screen can be a little tedious and confusing
- The glue holding the magnets comes off
- Extra coil and glass – which is awesome
- Nice knurling around tank. Easy to twist and adjust
- Detonator-style firing button is great
- You’ll get overhang if the tank is wider than 25mm
- Double buttons to go up and down are counterintuitive
- The battery panels on the side rattle and wiggle a bit
- Not a fan of the screen and complicated navigation
So far, we’ve heard plenty of positive in regard to the VMATE kit. Sadly, no product is perfect, and we may have an issue of subjective preference, too. For example, user VapingwithTwister420 had significant cons, compared to reviewer Jai Haze who apparently loved the kit.
It all boils down to preference. Let’s start with the negative marks it received: If you want a tank wider than 25mm, you will get overhang. The buttons that should allow for screen navigation usually get confused with the firing button – causing madness and chaos when trying to kick back and enjoy. The panels which protect the batteries can rattle and wiggle more than they should. The list of specs and features offers a 10-second cut-off feature, and reviewer Jai Haze found the device not shutting down until after 20 plus seconds. Now, those are all nitpicks of sorts and far from deal-breaking complaints.
On the positive side, the kit comes with a spare coil and a spare glass. The tank boasts good mesh coils and attractive knurling for easy handling and adjusting. The firing button is referred to as “detonator-style” and is considered a huge pro. More positives refer to the GENE chipset firing huge clouds and turning this device into an ideal kit for cloud-chasers with, perhaps, a few tank modifications.
Overall, this VMATE kit offers and showcases plenty of terrific qualities. For the price, it’s a no-brainer. I personally enjoyed this one and it appears that the reviewers did too. You get exactly what you read and pay for, so if you read the specs and features and it tickles your fancy, then try it out. You won’t be disappointed.