VooPoo is back again with another stick mod. This one, however, boasts the GENE.FAN chipset and a powerful 3000mAh internal battery. As far as convenience and price go, this kit is an ideal starter kit. You get two coils and two glasses in each box – also a few spare O-rings.
The stick mod offers 110W of output strength, allowing you to rip big, flavorful clouds, over and over, for as long as you desire. Once you click the fire button, it takes only 10 milliseconds to shoot an avalanche of vapor down your gullet.
Let’s take a journey together into unpacking and experiencing this puppy for the first time. I’ll take you through my first impression, and also, I have gathered a list of pros and cons from reviewers across the vaping web.
I hope this general consensus of pros and cons sheds an unbiased light to the product. But first, let’s break it apart and peek at its innards:
- Pen Mod Material: Stainless Steel
- Battery: Integrated 3000mAh Rechargeable Battery
- Maximum Wattage Output: 110W
- Voltage Output Range: 0 - 4.2V
- Resistance Range: 0.15 - 3.0ohm
- Maximum Temperature Output: 176F
- Sub-Ohm Tank Diameter: 24.6mm
- Juice Capacity: 3.5mL
- Coil Ratings: 0.4ohm U6 Sextuple Coil (rated for 65 - 110W), 0.26ohm U4 Quadruple Coil (rated for 50 - 120W)
- Sub-Ohm Tank Material: Stainless Steel w/ Pyrex Glass Reinforcement
- 32-Digit Advanced GENE.FAN Chipset
- 10ms Rapid Firing Speed
- LED Indicator Light
- Intuitive Firing Button
- Overtime Protection
- Over-Temperature Protection
- Over-Discharge Protection
- Over-Charge Protection
- Short-Circuit Protection
- Over-Current Protection
- MicroUSB Charging Port
- Quick Vent Channel Design - Rapid Heat Discharge
- Short Chimney - Flavor-Focused
- UForce OCC Coil Technology
- Convenient Sliding Top-Fill Method
- Precision Triple Auxiliary Bottom Airflow Control
- 14mm Resin Widebore Drip Tip - Vibrant Colorways
- 24K Gold-Plated 510 Connection
Black, Bronze, Gold, Orange, Red, Blue, Green, Rainbow, & Purple
Packaging is good, as with most VooPoo products. I like to describe the packaging because there are some brands that half-ass it and it does affect the first impression.
I see a bag with extra O-rings, a spare coil and a spare glass — so far, so good.
The stick mod feels sturdy and boasts an integrated 3000mAh battery you can recharge as many times as you want (or until it gives up.)
The mod also provides the advanced GENE.FAN chipset with a host of useful protections against over-temperature, current, discharge, etc., just to name a few.
I don’t like the star logo on the top; luckily, once I screw on the tank, I can’t see it anymore. The star clashes somewhat with everything else and I don’t like it.
The UFORCE tank brings the sub-ohm to the Caliber. It’s pretty much what you’d expect in the looks department.
The 3.5mL e-Liquid reservoir disappoints me. I feel like it should provide a bigger reservoir. The UFORCE coils deliver robust vapor and plenty of clouds.
Each exhale is a huge cloud so big it starts raining in my living room. Well, almost. It’s so cloudy up in this B. The flavor isn’t bad, either. I enjoy what I get.
Other Professional Opinions:
Don’t just take my word for it. I’ve scouted the vast plains of the internet looking for other VooPoo Caliber Starter Kit users and gathered a consensus that will, hopefully, shed an unbiased light on the pros and cons.
Let’s take a look:
- Nice rubber O-rings instead of plastic
- Extra coil included
- Extra glass
- Terrific flavor production
- Cloud-chasing capable
- Portable and easy to use
- Flavor provided by the coil is delicious
- Would’ve been better with a non-built-in battery
- The drip tip doesn’t match anything
- Fire button is clicky and cool
- Nice aesthetics – “fancy, pansy”
- Spare coil included
- Spare glass included
- Flavor remains amazing after chain-vaping
- Tank keeps at good temperature despite chain-vaping
- Very easy settings with lots of safety features
- Not a 510 drip tip – slightly uncomfortable
- USB cable looks crappy
- Spare coil and extra O-rings
- Extra glass is essential
- Double o-ring drip tip
- Good price for what you get
- Easy top filling – simply snap open and boom!
- Coils should be mesh
Let’s sum up the Caliber by VooPoo. To start with, we must manage our expectations here and realize it’s a starter kit with unambitious features. Yes, the GENE chip is decent, but most kits provide those features anyways, so it’s not the most innovative thing to offer.
Analyzing the negatives, the included coils (both) should’ve been mesh. User VapingwithTwisted420, wished and commented, more than once, on this issue. The flavor would’ve been much better.
Another complaint received was the slightly uncomfortable drip tip. It’s not very comfortable on the lips. Also, the battery strength could’ve been more enjoyable if it required a battery instead.
Reviewer Jai Haze brought up a point about the 110W mod strength feeling weakened by the 3000mAh battery. His recommendation to VooPoo is to include an outside battery (18650, perhaps?).
Aesthetically speaking, the design on the drip tip doesn’t match anything else. Vaping reviewers would prefer a more matching starter kit.
Okay, now let’s peek into the positives. Starting with the kit itself, it offers a bag of O-rings, extra coil and glasses. That’s always a huge pro. The fire button is clicky and works great. The child-proof mechanism activates with 5 clicks to turn off the device.
This is a starter kit that doesn’t pretend to be the best of the best. It almost feels self-aware. Reviewer Jai Haze recommends it for the beginner vaper considering a simple starter kit.
It’s referred to as simple, not in the way that it is plain, but in the way that is easy to operate. So, if you’re starting out, this is going to be fantastic.
Overall, I liked this kit a lot, and so did other reviewers. If you understand what you’re looking for in a kit and that happens to be a starter kit that is user-friendly and simple to use. Then, this is a good choice to try.
Your taste buds will thank you for the massive vapor, and your wallet will comment on the good price point.