Here we have a brand-new addition from Vaporesso, boasting a gargantuan 220W mod! That is some serious power.
The AXON chipset is built into the mod, providing top-of-the-line temperature control amongst other incredible features.
This kit also comes with the Vaporesso SKRR-S Sub-Ohm Tank, bringing the skies to your immediate surroundings. You’ll be spitting clouds so insanely huge, you’ll think you’re flying.
I will break it down and give you my first impression. Also, I consult the opinions of other professional reviewers so that I can provide a thorough, unbiased consensus of the GEN 220W TC Kit.
But first, let’s tear it down and look at its pieces:
- Dimensions: 146mm x 54mm x 30mm
- Wattage Output Range: 5 - 220W
- Resistance Range: 0.03 - 5.0ohms
- Zinc-Alloy Chassis Construction
- Soft Rubberized Coating
- Power Mode / Pulse Mode
- OLED Display Screen
- Two Adjustment Buttons
- ESD Circuit / Pass Through Protection
- MicroUSB Port
- AXON Chipset
- Short Circuit Protection / Overtime Protection
- Burn Protection / No Load Protection
- Low Resistance / Low Power / Overcharge Protection
- Dual High-Amp 18650 Batteries (Not Included)
- Sub-Ohm Tank 26mm Diameter
- Sub Ohm Tank 30mm Diameter At Widest Point
- 8mL Max Juice Capacity
- Superior Stainlesss Steel Construction
- Pyrex Glass Reinforcement
- Quadflow QF Air Distribution System
- Threaded Top-Fill Design
- 810 Delrin Widebore Drip Tip
- Vaporesso QF Coil System - Flax & Cotton Wicks
- 18ohm QF Meshed - Rated for 55-85W
- 18ohm QF Strip - Rated for 60-90W
- Vaporesso GT Coil Compatible
- 510 Connection
Sub Ohm Tank Available in Silver or Rainbow
Box Mod Available in Silver, Black Blue, Black Red, Black
As I unpack both the sub-ohm tank and the mod, I am immediately pleased at the general aesthetic and feel of the whole thing.
I’ve always enjoyed Vaporesso’s choice in aesthetics as well, and so far, this device looks great – but let’s not get ahead of ourselves here, let’s see how it performs!
The Axon chipset piques my interest. Apparently, it boasts all kinds of protections and features that, while not the most innovative, provide the protection other devices should offer.
The 510 is perfectly located in the middle of the mod, so when I screw the tank, it doesn’t overhang, or sits leaning more to one side than the other.
Overall, it feels great as I hold it and for a dual 18650 battery mod, it’s light as a feather while maintaining its sturdiness. I’m impressed.
Let me mention the hefty pyrex glass tank – it provides up to 8mL of vape juice capacity. That’s a huge reservoir, my friend.
The buttons are clicky, and the OLED screen is on the boring side but works as intended. Despite the lack of bells and whistles, the navigation is seamless and fast, and some of the features are outstanding.
For example, the Power Eco mode allows for longer lasting batteries when your juice is running low. It gives it a little boost, or rather, dampens the energy spent so you can sustain your vaping a little long (in case you’re far from a charger or freshly charged set of 18650s).
The SKRR tank is not my favorite tank in the world (like the Falcon) but works well and matches with the mod. There is no mismatch between the two.
The coils offer 0.18ohm of resistance and the flavor is amazing, and the 220W has some serious balls. It’s tremendously great for chucking huge billows of pillowy clouds – if that’s what you’re into.
Other Professional Opinions:
Don’t just take my word for it. I’ve scouted the vast plains of the internet looking for other Vaporesso GEN 220W Kit users and gathered a consensus that will, hopefully, shed an unbiased light on the pros and cons.
Let’s take a look:
Matt from SMM
- Possibly best mod in 2019
- Buttons are sleek and clicky
- Looks fantastic – feels good at the touch
- Feels solid and sturdy
- Battery door locks on a magnet and there is no rattling
- Navigating through the menu is awesome and useful
- The “power eco” setting allows to sustain battery life
- Great chipset with amazing features
- Not a fan of the bronze button – should’ve been stainless steel
- Pretty big for a dual 18650 mod
- Best mod in 2019
- Lightest dual 18650 battery
- Rubberized and zinc-alloy is aesthetically pleasing
- Not a lot of branding on the mod
- The AXON chipset is advanced and awesome
- AXON chip fires multiple pulses of 80Ws
- The chip is also efficient with battery life
- Should have Type-C USB instead of MicroUSB
- Beautiful doors and hold snug with the magnets
- Rubberized and comfortable texture of the mod
- Display provides plenty of useful settings
- Sturdy and a little too big for dual battery
- Perfectly centered 510
- No rattling on battery doors
- Echo mode feature allows battery to last longer
- Wish the display were bigger
Let’s sum it up. This product is highly praised! Let’s be clear from the beginning about that. You want spoilers? Here you go: It’s a conclusive MUST HAVE.
The few cons that were discussed were regarding subjective issues, like user Mike Vapes wishing the display were a little bigger; Dash Vapes wishing the USB charging port was a Type-C – and Matt from SMM wishing the bronze matched with the silver colors.
That is all! Those were the only complaints. I personally loved every inch of this damn thing. It is glorious. My only complaint was the general “look.’ I prefer the classic vape look with a bigger mod and whatnot.
That is just my preference, and no need to take points off of its final rating. Matt from SMM referred to the mod as “the best of 2019 so far” – and I agree with him.
Let’s explore some of the positive comments just to get extra pumped. The battery door boasts two very strong magnets, and once closed, it doesn’t rattle. The rubberized finish on top of the zinc-alloy provides a very pleasing feeling at the touch, as well as a comfort with the sturdy construction that lies below the rubberized surface.
The mod doesn’t display too much branding with nasty huge logos. It is subtle and classy. The AXON chip delights and impresses, and the sub-ohm tank as well.
The price point is a little high, but this isn’t a starter kit. This is a 220W powerhouse with a temperature control suite and other bells and whistles that will rock your crocs.
My rating is 9/10. The other reviewers appear to concur with my rating, and I classify the Vaporesso GEN 220W TC Kit as a MUST HAVE.