This is the slimmest, most portable “cigalike” pod system out there. It’s a tiny device resembling a cigarette. It’s literally the closest you will ever get to smoking an actual cigarette. This pocketable pod boasts a decent battery. It’s ideal for robust nicotine salt hits and discreet cloud production.
It’s an amazing pod system to keep handy, especially when you want to remain low-key, or if you simply want a quick hit of rich vapor on the go. SMOK sends you two refillable pods with the kit, which is not something all companies do. The price point is extremely cheap and affordable.
We sought the opinion of other professionals and collected an unbiased consensus. But first, let’s open up the hood and analyze the nuts and bolts of the SMOK SLM 16W Pod System:
- Dimensions: 112 x 12 x 9.5 mm
- Weight: 155g
- Display:45" TFT Touch Screen Control
- Material: Zinc Alloy
- Battery: 250mAH Rechargeable Battery
- Wattage Output Range: 10-16W
- Voltage Input Range:3 - 4.2V
- Direct Voltage Based Output
- Draw-Activated Firing Mechanism
- LED Light Battery Indicator
- Ultra Slim & Lightweight Design
- Fillable Pod System - Replaceable Cartridge
- 8mL Juice Capacity - Side-Fill Slot
- Elongated Chimney - Coil Atomizer
- Air-Driven Pod System
- Ergonomically Sleek Mouthpiece
- 8 Seconds Cut-Off Protection
- Short-Circuit Protection
- Low Voltage Warning
- MicroUSB Port Charging System
- Proprietary Magnetized Connection
- Two pods included
- Neatly packaged
- Slim and pocketable
- Sturdy construction
- Coil and e-liquid replaceable in the pod
- Ideal for mouth-to-lung
- Preferred with Nicotine Salt vape juices
- Very cheap for what you get
- Ideal for ghosting – discreet clouds
- Can refill e-juice without removing the pod
- Filling hole is too small
- Battery dies quickly
- Charging cable is too short
- Only MTL without adjustability
- Refillable pods
- Ideal for stealth vaping
- Decent draw
- Feels good ergonomically
- Mouthpiece is comfortable on lips
- Pass-through – can vape while charging
- Two pods included in the kit
- Incredibly cheap and many cool color options
- The pod clips snugly with the battery
- Salt nic juices taste amazing
- Hard to refill unless you have needle-thin spout e-liquid bottle
- Tight mouth-to-lung draw
- Mouthpiece is comfortable
- Nice looking build
- Feels virtually like a cigarette
- Two pods included
- Great as a passthrough vape – smoking while connected
- 2-inch charging cable is too small
- Battery not great
- Filling hole is too small
This is the cigarette’s alter ego. They call it a cigalike, but it’s basically a clone. As light as a feather and as sturdy as a bullet, this smoking stick will surprise you. The packaging is decent, and it comes with an additional pod – a huge plus in my book. Evidently, a big plus in everybody else’s book, too.
The stick of glory provides tight mouth-to-lung airflow. For being restrictive, the nicotine salt hits like a wild bronco. This is the ideal device to stealth-vape. Great for ghosting, the clouds are discreet and packed with flavor. No pesky bright LED lights that would give you away exist anywhere in this pod kit.
In my opinion, the battery could perform better. That being said, the passthrough capability allows me to keep puffing as it charges. You’re going to need a longer charging cable, though – the one included is a two incher, which would have been an enormous letdown if I didn’t have a longer cable handy.
We took this device through the ringer and it performed well on all fronts. It’s lacking in features, but it is a ten dollar cigalike device. Let’s manage our optimism here. It’s meant to perform this way. It is also not designed to replace a proper mod and tank, so let’s manage our expectations as well.
With our insatiable and unrealistic expectations out of the way, let’s see how it fares under the eyes of the reviewers. A common complaint regarding the 2-inch cable was a recurring one. SMOK should’ve added a regular size cable, instead.
The battery life isn’t optimal. If you take this vape on a hike, you will need to recharge at some point. It’s well-suited for stealthy, salt nic vapers, but not ideal for an extended getaway. It is definitely not built for cloud-chasing – not even close.
The durable construction and aesthetics receive universal praise. The form-fitting mouthpiece is regarded as comfortable and amazing. Overall, the SLM receives positive marks across the board.
In summary, if you want a stealthy vape, or a nicotine-salt device, then this is probably a terrific choice. While the battery doesn’t last long, it is possible to keep going while plugged. So, if you’re in front of your laptop, simply smoke while plugged, or charge for a few minutes and puff away. Regardless, you can tailor it to whichever experience you desire.