Table of Contents
- Specs and Features
- First Impressions
- Pros and Cons
- Professional Opinions
Look at this guy. It’s a chubby one, isn’t it? Boasting no less than 100W, this pen-style mod kit will shoot your expectations into space. The Saber features an IWEPAL chip, sleek OLED display, diamond sub-ohm tank, and a host of vital security parameters.
Let’s dig into the nitty gritty:
- Pen Mod Diameter: 24.5mm
- Display: Intuitive OLED Display
- Battery: Single High-Amp 20700 Battery (Not Included)
- Wattage Output Range: 5 - 100W
- Minimum Atomizer Resistance:05ohm
- Juice Capacity:0mL - Standard / 5.5mL - Bulb Glass Extension
- Coil Ratings:15ohm DM-Mesh Coil (rated for 40 - 90W), 0.15ohm DM-DM Coil (rated for 40 - 90W)
- Material: Stainless Steel w/ Pyrex Glass Reinforcement
- Optional Single 18650 Adapter
- IWEPAL Chipset
- Unique Custom User Mode
- Oversized Pentagonal Firing Button
- Bottom-Loaded Threaded Battery Cap
- Spring-Loaded Stainless Steel 510 Connection
- Anti-Reverse Protection
- Low-Power Protection
- Short-Circuit Protection
- Diamond-Faceted Design
- Large Dual-Slotted Bottom Airflow
- Convenient 180-Degree Threaded Top-Fill Design
- Advanced Diamond (DM) Coil System
- Compatible with Captain X3 Coils
- 810 Resin Widebore Drip Tip
- 510 Connection
Available in Silver, Black, Gunmetal, Rainbow, Red, Blue, Purple, Green, White, & Gold
At first glance, it strikes you as your regular pen-style mod but ends up as a fulfilling cloud-spilling machine. The tank is great and holds a ton of liquid. The coils provide that exquisite sub-ohm mesh coil quality you would expect from a mod like this.
iJoy could’ve easily added a sleeker and more elegant OLED display and boost the price up another $20 but they didn’t – which is fantastic. It makes it affordable and the display itself is quite easy to navigate. Other mods out there boast a super fancy screen with all the bells and whistles, but it doesn’t really offer anything useful other than regular scrolling. The worst part? You pay more for that. I think iJoy made the right choice here. I consider that a massive pro.
Pros & Cons:
PRO: Great design of mod and tank
PRO: Terrific included coils deliver epic cloud production
PRO: OLED display is intuitive and simple
PRO: Batteries work great and when fully charged it lasts a long time despite heavy usage
CON: OLED screen scrolling can be slow
CON: It’s a juice guzzler – it kills juice faster than you realize
Other Professional Opinions:
Don’t just take my word for it. I scouted the vast plains of the internet looking for other iJoy Saber 100W Starter Kit users and gathered a consensus that will, hopefully, shed an unbiased light on the pros and cons.
Let’s take a look:
- Ideal for that cylindrical, regulated mod newbies start with
- Delivers the basics well and better than some advanced kits
- The batteries work right for the 100W capability
- The tank is just like every other decent tank but that’s a good thing – why reinvent the wheel
- Big, sturdy device without being too intrusive
- Wish there were more information on the screen
- Screen scrolling is slow
- Terrific mesh coil
- Nice knurling patterns don’t clash with design of the mod
- Easily replaceable batteries without rattling
- Tank hold a ton of e-juice – 5mL
- Battery orientation is very vibrant and well-designed
- There is no menu system on the screen – easy to navigate
- Very useful setting display and adjustments
- No user manuals included for the coils
- Tiny bit of rattling with the up and down buttons near the screen
- Display scrolling is very slow
- The glass looks very nice
- Good amount of e-liquid and easy airflow control simply by turning the dial
- Included coils give robust vapor
- Buttons are clicky and responsive
- Drip tip is very comfortable
- Drip tip included doesn’t match the tank
- Juice guzzler
- Battery door cover is grindy
What do you know! A pen-style mod loved by many? Whoa! Who would’ve thunk? Not I, Rabbi. The consensus on this baby is a positive one. If you’re on the fence, this should give you a gentle push into greener pastures and thicker clouds.
Let’s not get ahead of ourselves here - no device is perfect. Starting with the negatives, this kit is a juice guzzler, it will kill your favorite juice faster than you’d like. Also, the drip tip sometimes doesn’t match the tank. That is something iJoy has got to fix ASAP. Another complaint was the battery cover. It takes too long to unscrew. Some reviewers found the display a little too slow, and the browsing of settings becomes cumbersome after some time.
Let’s talk about the good stuff. In summary: everything else. Yep, everything else receives good grades. From passing, to decent, to fantastic grades; this kit receives a conclusive thumbs up grade.
The kit comes with extra mesh coils which perform admirably with mounting clouds of vapor. The flavor is good, the buttons are clicky, the glass is sexy, the drip tip is comfortable, etc. Even Jai Haze, a harsh critic who never holds back, gave this a 7/10.
Head down to your local vape shop and save this puppy from the pound or take that leap of faith into the Add-To-Cart button you so much regret abusing at times. I hope this review was useful and provided the right information. Let me know how it fared for you.
Until next time.