iJoy Diamond PD270 Starter Kit Review
Good evening, vaper. We’re back with yet another vape review. This time, we’ll be taking a crack at a diamond in the rough. Well, not quite, considering its popularity, but you catch my drift. This iJoy Diamond PD270 starter kit is a whole new thing. Normally, they release iterations of older models. And that is all good, of course, but sometimes we crave a brand new concept (as far as a new concept goes in terms of design, there isn’t much you can do when making a vaping kit unless you go into those odd novelty mods and whatnot).
The device in question is the iJoy Diamond PD270 Starter Kit. With an offering of two X3 sub-ohm coils and an extremely husky 234W mod, how do you expect to go back to a lesser device? I have been disappointed by staggering specs before, so I will manage my own expectations. The price point is also on the expensive side so I will give this a whirl and review it. I will provide my honest thoughts, opinions, concerns, and you name it. And for the sake of complete reporting, I will also consult reviews from other experts and will concoct a list of pros and cons list. This way, you can take a quick glimpse and decide whether or not this kit is worth your while; to see if it’s worth the guacamole.
I have yet to discover it for myself. So, let’s unwrap this bad boy and look at what it has to offer. The two words on its name that I don’t believe are “starter” and “kit.” I find that hard to fathom. A powerful 234W mod with the Captain Sub-Ohm tank? Hmm. I’m guessing it’s more of an intermediate device.
Let’s find out, shall we?
- Dimensions: 92 x 49 x 34.5 mm
- Display: Intuitive OLED Display
- Battery: Dual 20700 High-Amp Batteries (Not Included)
- Maximum Wattage Output: 234W
- Minimum Atomizer Resistance: 0.06ohm
- Temperature Control Range: 200 - 600F
- Diameter: 25 mm
- Juice Capacity: 4.2mL
- Coil Ratings: 0.4ohm X3-C1 Dual Coil (rated for 60 - 90W, 0.3ohm X3-C2 Sextuple Coil (rated for 60 - 100W)
- Material: Stainless Steel Construction w/ Pyrex Glass Reinforcement
- Optional Dual 18650 High-Amp Batteries w/ Included Adapter
- Ni200 Nickel, Titanium, and Stainless Steel Capacity
- TCR Adjustments
- Unique Custom User Mode
- Multi-Faceted Diamond-Cutting Design
- Vertical Display Layout
- Oversized Rectangular Firing Mechanism
- Adjustment Buttons Below Screen
- Quad Magnetized Battery Door
- Overcurrent Protection
- Short-Circuit Protection
- Overvoltage Protection
- Overcharge Protection
- PTC Protective Circuits
- MicroUSB Port - Firmware Upgrades
- Spring-Loaded Stainless Steel 510 Connection
- Massive Dual-Slotted Bottom Airflow
- Convenient Retractable Sliding Top-Fill Design
- Advanced X3 Cores
- 810 Sloped Delrin Widebore Drip Tip
- 510 Drip Tip Adapter
Packaging & Aesthetics:
Time to unwrap this diamond. The box itself is huge and you can tell right off the bat that it’s packing heat. After unboxing, I see a battery adapter, micro-USB charging cable, and a baggie of spare O-rings. Also, a huge plus, a spare coil head is included! Everything looks nifty, sturdy, durable, and beautiful.
Tank & Coils:
The tank is the Captain X3S with a pre-installed 0.4ohm coil. Push the top compartment to uncover the filling hole. The tank itself offers your standard aesthetic and experience, but, don’t let me get ahead of myself. First, I have to prime this coil with some delicious vape juice and then we’ll see how it pops.
Mod & Performance:
The mod feels durable at first grasp. It allows two batteries inside a magnetic door. The Captain tank sits exactly in the middle – nowhere close to creating overhand, which means you could fit a much bigger tank. Unfortunately, I don’t have any with me as I review this so I can’t attest to other compatible sizes.
The diamond-shaped screen look is nice and feels good to tap and explore its settings. The buttons are clicky and zero rattling on my end. Also, the “diamond” branding is emblazoned on the back of the mod with bright yellow colors. I don’t like that. Nope.
If ergonomics is what you’re all about, I’m certain you will adore this device. I can’t stop holding it. But despite all its power and extensive features, it feels like a lesser piece of equipment, which makes the price point a little expensive for what it does. Overall, I think it works well, it’s sturdy, durable, plenty of juice capacity, long-lasting battery, good screen settings, etc, etc. Why am I complaining? Because you can get all those features for much less cheddar.
Pros & Cons:
Now that you have my thoughts out in the open, in plain sight, here is also a collection (a gathering of sorts) of pros and cons. It’s a collective consensus from other popular experts. This way, I hope you can study at a quick glance what is good and bad about this device that will help you make a choice whether or not to purchase it. If something I’m reviewing sucks, I’ll tell you, but that doesn’t mean everybody agrees with me. This includes you.
Let’s press on:
Reviewer: [Vaping 360]
- The power output performance is accurately presented
- Preheating options function as intended
- Quick response time
- A user-friendly menu system that glints elegantly
- There are plenty of attractive colors to choose from
- Can hold a tank of up to 30mm in width
- The 510 connector is dead-centered – Love it.
- The firing button is massive and clicky
- TCR adjustments function properly unlike other similar mods
- Temp control malfunctions at times
- The screen appears too dim
- There’s a slight rattle when shaking the mod
- Regular preheating functionality acts like hard preheating
- Excellent and gorgeous craftsmanship, “if looks could kill, the Diamond could be classified as a mass murderer”
- Every element of this kit screams “premium” quality
- The OLED screen blends seamlessly with the mod
- The firing button provides a satisfying click
- Thankfully, the 510 connector is centered
- Terrific magnetic battery door holds tightly
- Cloud chasing tank with magnificent flavor
- The tacky diamond logo on the back takes away some of its classiness
Reviewer: [Vaper City]
- Can hold different tanks of up to 30mm in diameter
- You get spares in the packaging
- Extremely sleek design and beautiful craftsmanship
- Powerful device
- Excellent flavor
- Worth the price
- Too heavy
- No pass-through vaping / charging functionality