Geek Vape Nova 200W TC Box Mod: Pros and Cons
Greetings, vaper. We’re back with another product review. Today, I will be opening the Geek Vape Nova 200W TC Starter Kit. Powered by the famous AS Chipset, and boasting a 0.01s firing speed, imagine what else this kit can do with 200W of impressive power? Don’t let me get ahead of myself, this could be a complete disappointment as well. Don’t worry, I will tell you my honest thoughts as I unpack and review this bad boy.
Additionally, I will gather a collection of thoughts from other expert reviewers below, in the shape of a pros and cons list. Don’t forget to check that out if you’d like a more unbiased consensus-style review. Now, let’s crack this open and see how it fares under the microscope:
Geek Vape Nova 200W Mod Specifications:
- Material: Resin & Aluminum Zinc Alloy
- Display: OLED Screen
- Battery: Dual High-Amp 18650 Batteries (Not Included)
- Maximum Wattage Output: 200W
- Diameter: 25mm
- Juice Capacity: 4.0mL – Standard / 5.5mL – Bubble Glass
- Coil Ratings: 0.2ohm Super Mesh X1 Coil (rated for 60 – 80W)
- Material: Stainless Steel w/ Pyrex Glass Reinforcement
- Advanced AS Chipset
- TCR Mode
- Geek Vape Super Mesh Coil System
- Intuitive Firing Button
- Ergonomic Design
- MicroUSB Connection
- 510 Connection
- Super Mesh Coil System
- Compatible with TFV8 Baby Coils
- Threaded Top-Fill Design
- Adjustable Dual-Slotted Bottom Airflow
- Detachable Structure
- Available in Silver & Resin – Red, Onyx, Cobalt, & Ember
- Available in Gunmetal & Resin – Red, Onyx, Cobalt, Ember, & Orchid
- Available in Black & Resin – Onyx, Imperial, & Emerald Green
Packaging & Aesthetics:
Let’s take a look. First of all, WOW at the resin panels. They’re attractive swirly colors you’ll appreciate in some capacity, I’m sure. Unpacking the rest, I discover the Cerberus sub-ohm tank, a spare glass (huge plus!), a little bag of spare O-rings, the MicroUSB cable, and an extra coil head.
As far as contents go, I am glad that Geek Vape always includes a spare coil and a spare glass. That will always receive a huge thumbs up from my end. The Cerberus is beautiful as well.
Tank & Coils:
Holding the sub-ohm tank in my hands, I can say with certainty, the Cerberus tank is a sight to behold. It feels sturdy and well crafted. The tank offers a 25mm diameter, an airflow control ring, an 810 removable drip tip (you can choose other 810s if you wish), and a 5.5mL to 6mL of e-liquid.
You’ll also get two mesh coils. Each one is a 0.2ohm Super Mesh X1 Coil. It’s time to fill up the tank with my favorite juice: Churrios by Milkman. To fill up the tank, you unscrew the top compartment. It’s very similar to other Geek Vape tanks. You have two huge filling ports with minimal leaking (if you aim it right!).
The tank and coils are pretty standard, but we’ll find out more in a minute.
Mod & Performance:
Moving on to the gorgeous mod, it is 88mm tall, 51mm wide, and 25mm thick. If you place an atomizer larger than 25mm, there will be overhang – FYI. I can feel metal and resin on the construction and it does feel incredibly durable and scratch-resistant. It resembles the VooPoo Drag in size and box-style aesthetic. There’s a gold-plated and spring-loaded 510 pin with an odd-looking, oval-shaped plate.
After screwing the Cerberus sub-ohm tank onto the mod, it doesn’t sit exactly in the middle. It’s on the side. I understand that is the “look” they’re going for, but it makes me anxious, somehow. I wish it had been more to the edge or dead-centered. It’s kind of in-between. The buttons are clicky, tight, and there is no rattling. The magnetic door holds the batteries tight, and the compartment where the batteries sit looks clean and classy.
It feels very boxy in my hand. Personally, I enjoy this feeling as the mod snuggles in my hand. The screen is reminiscent of the Aegis Legend with user-friendly settings and responsive, clicky buttons. You can adjust wattage, coil resistance, puff counter, and other standard features in mods like these. You can adjust wattage curves as well.
It’s time to puff it. Okay, it’s definitely a cloud-chucker. If you’re seeking a cloud-chasing experience, this will deliver an effortless avalanche of vapor and flavor. Other experts agreed that the flavor was above average and delicious. The Super Mesh coils deliver on all fronts and I’m happy that you can pour 6mL of e-liquid.
After chain-vaping the Geek Vape Nova for a week now, I’m happy to say I’m deeply enjoying it. The flavor is delectable and my Churrios juice has never been more luscious. In my opinion, this starter kit is worth the money and if you’re craving something powerful that delivers clouds bigger than continents, then this is probably your next go-to vape.
Pros & Cons:
Now that you have my thoughts out in the open, in plain sight, here is also a collection (a gathering of sorts) of pros and cons. It’s a collective consensus from other popular experts. This way, I hope you can study at a quick glance what is good and bad about this device that will help you make a choice whether or not to purchase it. If something I’m reviewing sucks, I’ll tell you, but that doesn’t mean everybody agrees with me. This includes you.
Let’s press on:
Reviewer: [Vaping 360]
- Magnificent build quality and craftsmanship
- Big improvement over the Blade and Aegis Legend
- Plenty of color options to choose from
- Very unique aesthetics with delightful resin panels
- Nice and simple box style design
- No rattling when shaken
- Power mode and temp control offer terrific performance
- 510 pin is quite sturdy
- The screen is large, bright, and beautiful
- Can carry tanks up to 25mm in diameter size without overhang
- The user-friendly and intuitive menu system
- Power mode doesn’t offer an option for pre-heating
Reviewer: [Vaping Daily]
- The attractive design offered in eight retro-style colors
- High-quality craftsmanship
- The cost-effective starter kit is a convenient choice
- A step above other Geek Vape mods
- The sturdy construction is palpable
- Coils produce terrific flavor
- Firing is instant and potent
- User-friendly customizable modes and setting adjustment
- The design is too boxy
Reviewer: [Vape Ranks]
- The build is beautiful with gorgeous resin inserts
- The device is lightweight but feels extremely durable
- The firing is instant and fast as soon as you press
- The ramp-up is fast
- Charges quickly
- The menu system is user-friendly and intuitive
- Performance is top-notch
- Too pricey
- The design feels slightly outdated
- 510 connection isn’t the best