The Eleaf Saurobox Starter Kit is a box mod and sub-ohm tank featuring a temperature control suite, TCR, and a maximum wattage output of 220W. Let’s examine it’s pros and cons further.
Features and Specs for Eleaf Saurobox Mod:
- Dimensions: 3-1/2" x 2" x 1" (Without Tank)
- 510 Threaded
- Operating Wattage: 1.0 - 220.0W
- Temperature Control: Nickel 200 (Ni200), Titanium (Ti), Stainless Steel 316 (SS316), TCR Modes
- Temperature Control: 100 - 315C / 200 - 600F
- Resistance: 0.1 - 3.0ohm in Variable Wattage
- Resistance: 0.05 - 1.5ohm in Temperature Control Mode
- 0.96" TFT Color Display Screen
- Detailed User Interface
- Unique Resin Material Construction
- Ultra Lightweight Design
- Magnetic Battery Door Panel
- Requires (2) High Amp 18650 Batteries (Sold Separately)
- *We recommend an external charger for optimal charging*
- Micro USB Charging Port
- Firmware Upgradeable
- Short Circuit Protection
- Reverse Polarity Protection
Features and Specs for Eleaf ELLO Duro Tank:
- Dimensions: 2-1/8" x 15/16" (Including Drip Tip and Threads)
- Diameter: 28mm
- 510 Threaded
- 6.5ml e-Liquid Capacity
- Retractable Top Fill Design
- Convex Glass Design
- Triple Airflow Slots
- Adjustable Airflow Control Valve
- Resin Wide Bore Drip Tip
- Utilizes New Eleaf ELLO HW Atomizer Heads for Balanced Flavor and Vapor Production
- Includes (1) ELLO HW-M Multihole Kanthal 0.15ohm Atomizer Head (Pre-installed)
- Includes (1) ELLO HW-N Net Kanthal 0.2ohm Atomizer Head
- Full Temperature Control Suite
- 220W power
- ELLO DURO Tank
- Fast Ramp Up
- Huge Clouds
- Smacks with Flavor
- Ugly Device
- Feels Cheapy
- Wiggly Battery Door
The Eleaf Saurobox & ELLO Duro Starter kit doesn't have many reviews so let’s just dive right into the build quality of the mod. The Eleaf Saurobox offers a new high-performance mod, it’s lightweight and easy to hold and carry.
The mod features a slight TFT screen display and operates with ease; a simple five clicks on/off is all you need to activate. The Saurobox is powered by dual 18650 batteries and can fire up to 220W.
The battery door of the Saurobox is a magnetic panel that can be removed. The mod itself is highly compatible and can handle various tanks up to 26mm in diameter without overhang. The Eleaf ELLO DURO captures a bubble glass allowing a max 6.5mL e-juice capacity. It delivers fast and easy refilling. To fill the ELLO DURO tank simply slide the drip tip back and it reveals the fill port.
The tank has 3 bottom airflow slots that make the vape very airy. It’s ideal for vapers that prefer long hits. If all three of the slots are open the vape may be too airy. If it’s closed or half-open it provides a tighter draw. The mod is equipped with two mesh coils, a 0.2ohm kanthal coil rated 40-90W) and 0.15ohm kanthal coil rated (50-100W). ELLO DURO boasts two mesh coils: the HW-N (net) coil and the HW-M (multihole) coil presenting an unforgettable vaping experience with flavorful taste and huge clouds.
The Surabox does a great job with rapid-fire, as soon as you press the firing button it ramps up thanks to the advanced chipset. Another pro is the flavor and cloud production, sometimes you have to sacrifice one for the other but the Saurobox gives you both. The few cons that were noted by reviewer VHR, he said plainly that the device was ugly with a resemblance of corn on the cob. He also said it feels cheap because it’s made from lightweight plastic.
Overall, the Surabox mod gives a pretty standard performance. The real star of the show is the ELLO Duro tank, it provides stellar flavor and vapor production. I’d recommend it for those that enjoy a true sub-ohm vaping experience but I’d go out on a limb and say that you can find a device that’s cheaper and does exactly what the Saurobox & ELLO DURO Starter kit does. Still, it passes I'd with a 7/10.Buy Eleaf Saurobox 220W with ELLO Duro Starter Kit Now